Saturday 6 October 2018

Hooray for World Cardmaking Day

Happy World Cardmaking Day everyone. 

What creative plans do you have to celebrate the day? Today I hope to make a start on creating projects for my up-coming Christmas Stamp-a-stack class on November 18th.

But before I get stuck into some cardmaking, I also wanted to share a project with you all that I created a little while ago but just haven't gotten around to sharing. 


One of the reasons I love making my own cards is that each card I create is that little bit unique and can be made with a recipient in mind.

This particular card I created for my nephew's first birthday and for his special day I wanted to create something bright, fun and a little bit different to your usual first birthday card.

My starting point was to decide on a colour combo, and after laying out several cardstock swatches I decided on this combo.
Once I decided on the colours, I then chose to use images from the Broadway Birthday stamp set and framelit bundle and some patterned DSP from the Animal Expedition and Tropical Escape Designer Series Papers. 


After laying out all the elements I felt the background needed a little something extra, so I created a stencil using some window sheet and the diamond die from the Broadway Lights Framelits and added some Lemon Lime Twist diamonds with embossing paste. 

Thank you for joining me. I hope you all get some time to enjoy a little crafty time today.

- Tan xx

1 comment:

  1. Loving the colour scheme Tan! Super fun birthday card.

    ReplyDelete