Saturday 29 January 2022

Loaded Envelope | TGIF Challenge #353

 




Hi all. It's TGIF Challenge time again and yes, I know it's Saturday here in Australia but the bonus of a worldwide challenge is that it's still Friday somewhere in the world, so technically I'm not late. Right? Anyway, here is this weeks challenge and it's a fun one.  


Confession time, until being set this challenge I had no idea what a Loaded Envelope was and it took me some time get my head around the concept. Luckily one of my talented TGIF friends, Elizabeth Price had created a gorgeous Christmas loaded envelope late last year and recorded a video tutorial of how she constructed the envelope. (See Elizabeth's post here). Using Elizabeth's tutorial as a starting point here is what I came up with.

One of my daughters has a birthday coming up and her gift from us is tickets to a musical and a night away in Melbourne so I decided a loaded envelope would be a super special way of packaging her gift, as well as adding a couple of extra little birthday treats. The Friendly Hello DSP was my colour combo inspiration and as my daughter has asked to have an Ice Cream Parlour themed party, I decided to carry the theme across to her gift by using the Sweet Ice Cream stamp set and Ice Cream Builder Punch.



The only problem I had was once I was inspired I had too many ideas to fit in my envelope so I altered the envelope by adding a second large pocket to the back .


Once my envelope was constructed I moved on to making an card that doubled as a holder for the tickets. I've added a panel on the inside to record our message and then a pocket on the other side to slide the tickets in.

Next up it was time to package up some birthday treats and since my daughters favourite treat is mint chocolate a chocolate block wrapper was a must have. The Pale Papaya Ombre Gift Bags coordinated beautifully with the Friendly Hello DSP and I've added some texture with the Hive 3D Embossing folder.


To access the chocolate you just simply pull on the ribbon at the top and the block just slides out. 


After mint chocolate, Skittles are my daughter second favourite treat and they now come in a cute little box, that was super easy to wrap in another deconstructed Ombre Gift Bag and to reduce bulk I kept the embellishments fairly simple by just adding a Heart & Home Doily and a little ribbon.


While I was out shopping for goodies to put in the envelope I stumbled across a Pale Papaya coloured pen, the perfect addition, so of course a covered notebook was also required. 


So as you can see the possibilities for a loaded envelope are almost endless. To see what the rest of the team have created, make sure you head over the TGIF Challenges blog and then why not have a go at creating your own loaded envelope. Trust me you are going to have lots of fun with this one.

- Tan xx








No comments:

Post a Comment