Sunday 10 September 2017

Trying something new

Welcome back,

Today's project features a new technique that I'm so glad I've finally attempted. 
When I discovered Embossing Paste in the 2017-2018 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue I was so excited and immediately grabbed a pot along with some palette knives and the Pattern Party Decorative Masks. However, with an enquisitive two year old in the house, I've been reluctant to try it out, fearing it could get a bit messy (I was envisioning little fingerprints of paste trailing from my project. 😉)
Finally last night, once my little people were tucked up in bed, I pulled out my tub of paste, masks and palette knives last night  and I very quickly realised that I had nothing to fear.... the paste is sooo super easy to use and the paste dries very quickly so no need to be concerned of little fingerprints finding their way onto my projects. 
I decided to leave the paste white for this project and the brick pattern mask was a perfect backdrop for a mason jar of flowers from Jar of Love. 


You can see from the close up photo below that the embossing paste creates a textured pattern on cardstock. I love the way it lifts a plain white background without add colour.


I'm looking forward to having some more fun with embossing paste today , this time using some re-inkers to colour it. Can't wait to share what I cone up with.

Thanks for stopping by
- Tan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment