Monday 17 June 2019

One Sketch. Two Cards | Let's Get Hopping #21


Hello and welcome back to another Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop. This months challenge was to select a one sketch and create two projects and here is what I came up with.


This week I had two people that I wanted to create a card for, but time at my craft desk was limited, so the challenge of creating two cards from the one sketch made it easy to create to two different cards. Following a sketch is always a great way to kick start the design process of a card and as you can see above, a good sketch can be used over and over again to create unique projects


The sketch that inspired the layout of these two cards is this weeks challenge sketch from the TGIF Challenge Blog (#TGIFC216)


The first project I created with the sketch uses imagery from the Mosaic Mood Speciality Designer Series Paper. This beautiful patterned paper features a shiny textured finish on one side of each page and the hummingbirds on one of the designs are perfect for fussy cutting.


For my second project I stepped it up little. The banner section was created using the tile pattern stamped from the Verdant Garden, stamp set. The flower embellishments came from the Botanical Bliss stamp set and coordinating Botanical Tags dies. When creating the background I used an Alcohol Dip technique that I picked up from the fabulous Krista Frattin of Stampin' Dolce fame

Thank you for joining me today. To continue on the hop click the Next button below to hop along to Linda Handford's blog. I can't wait to see what Linda has created.


7 comments:

  1. Gah! These are both so pretty Tanya!💖 Thanks for joining in with us this week over at TGIF Challenges! OXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards Tanya, I love the use of your DSP! Gives a great little pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both so pretty Tanya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both gorgeous! I love the birthday card the best ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two truly gorgeous projects!!! Love them! Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards, my favourite is the humming Bird great colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I was trying to figure out what DSP that banner came from! I am looking up that Alcohol Dip technique pronto! Gorgeous cards, I know your friends loved them!

    ReplyDelete