Wednesday 30 December 2020

CASE Yourself | Be Inspired Blog Hop



Hello everyone and welcome to my last blog post for 2020 and this month's Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop. Today's blog hop theme is CASE Yourself and for this time of year, when everyone is getting over the busyness of Christmas, it's the perfect theme. For anyone who is new here CASE stands for Copy And Selectively Edit and it refers to when you take a  project previous created by yourself or another designer and create a your own different version of it. For me CASEing is a great creative go-to when my mojo is lacking or when I'm playing with new products, which is the case with this project.


As a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I am able to preorder products from upcoming catalogues and at the beginning of December I ordered a selection of products from the new January - June Mini Catalogue. However due to delivery delays and pre Christmas preparations the box has sat virtually untouched so of course I had to unbox a few of my new goodies for today's project. But before I share the details of this card here is the project I chose to CASE.


As you can see I have chosen to CASE the layout and elements of this card using a different colour palette, different Designer Series Paper and some floral images in place of the boats. A funny thing to note is that this card that I created a couple of years ago was actually a CASE of a project in the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue. 


Getting back to the project I created for today's blog hop, I've used a few new products from the Jan - June Mini Catalogue starting with the Pretty Perennials stamp set and coordinating Perennial Petals Dies to create this arrangement of flowers. The DSP banner is one of the gorgeous patterns from the Flower & Field Designer Series Paper pack which is one of the exclusive free product available in the Sale-A-Bration promotion and the sweet "a little note..." sentiment is from the Enjoy The Moment stamp set.

Now that my creative juices have starting flowing again and I have a box of new goodies screaming out to be played with I'm going to sign off, but don't go anywhere as the rest of the Be Inspired Design Team have also been busy CASEing themselves so make sure you check them out, starting with my lovely friend, Janneke Dijkstra de-Jong.



Be Inspired Design Team
Tanya Rees





4 comments:

  1. Both projects are fab, but love that you have changed up a masculine card in to a pretty floral version

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card, love all the pretty flowers and colours you've chosen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how different the card looks when the papers are switched out?! I love both of your cards, Tanya, but I really love the fresh Spring colors in your new one. A beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so pretty ;o)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete