Thursday 19 October 2017

Merry Little Advent Calendar | Let's Get Hopping blog hop


Welcome to another Let's Get Hopping blog hop. 

This month the amazingly creative, Jennifer Frost, challenged us to upcycle any jar we may have had stashed away, into a beautiful gift jar. Initially, I found the theme a little challenging. I wanted to take advantage of the theme to create a Christmas gift for someone but I was also really keen to do something different and none of my ideas fit the bill.
Then one night I found myself awake at 2.00am and the idea of decorating jars to create an advent calendar suddenly came to me. Our family advent calendar was in serious need of updating and I loved the idea of creating something that can be used year after year but could also easily be redecorated. 


Unfortunately, we didn't have 24 empty jars stashed away in our home so I cheated little and purchased some cheap preserve jars. But this idea would work just as well using a range of different jars that you may have lying around. 


The jars are the perfect size to fit all sorts of items. At the moment the jars are empty but I intend on filling them with a variety of things like treats, decorations for the tree and christmas activities we can do as a family.


I am completely in love with the Merry Little Christmas suite in the Stampin' Up! 2017 Holiday Catalogue. So it's no surprise that I've used both the Merry Little Christmas DSP and Merry Music Specialty DSP in most of the tags. I've added a touch of gold to the colour scheme with metallic doilies, gold foil sheets, glimmer paper and ribbons. And, of course, the Number of Years stamp set and coordinating Large Number framelits are a must when constructing an advent calendar


You may also see in the photo above that I've done some heat embossing over the top of embossing paste on one of the tags (number 9) which was a fun way to add some texture and bling at the same time. 


I've really enjoyed working on this project and I hope I've inspired you to decorate some jars yourself, whether it be for an advent calendar or as a gift for your loved ones this festive season. 


Thanks for stopping by. Next up is Nina McMillian from Nina's Southern Accents,  I can't wait to see what amazing gift jar ideas she has to share with us 

- Tanya xx


13 comments:

  1. What a cute way to do an advent calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how our best ideas come to us in the wee small hours. this is just brilliant! I love that they can be used over again each year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula. Yes, it's probably the only time my mind is quiet 😜

      Delete
  3. Wow, just wow!!! Tan this advent calendar is just perfection! Thank you so much for playing along in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn. Was a bit of work but worth it, I think

      Delete
  4. So stinkin' clever!! Now I need to go get some jars and make my own Advent calendar! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana. I had lots of fun with this one. I hope you will too

      Delete
  5. This is such a great idea,especially if you have a lot of jars to use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Tanya, What a beautiful advent calendar, so much work, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am blown away! What a beautiful and creative project. Love, love the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete