Monday 18 June 2018

A New Colour Palatte | GDP Sketch Challenge #142


My favourite thing about the release of a new Stampin' Up! Catalogue is seeing what new In-Colors I can add to my collection. However this year, along with 5 new In-colors, Stampin' Up! have added an extra 16 new colours (10 brand new and 6 returning) to their colour collections. Yay!! More new colours to play with!
So with new colours at my disposal I decided it was time to play with some new colour combos and since purple isn't a colour I turn to a lot I chose to start with the two new shade of purple, Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape.
 

What do you think? Did you notice that I've used a new blue as well? I love how the Balmy Blue compliments the purples in this project. 

When I'm working with new colour combos I often find it easier if I have a layout or sketch I can CASE and for this card this weeks Sketch Challenge from Global Design Project was 


I also drew some inspiration from the cleverly creative Susan Wong (Stamping Susan) who recently shared a clever way to create a fringe style embellishment using cardstock in one of her exclusive, members only, Crafty Carrot Collective videos (head over to Susan's blog to find out how to join)


You may have also noticed some subtle texture at the top of the card. I felt like the project needed a little extra something but I also wanted to keep the top panel completely white. Initially I thought of adding some detail in embossing paste and the diamond patterned mask was perfect, however, when I opened my tub of embossing paste I discovered it was rock solid (insert sad face). It didn't take me long to find a solution though. Instead I used a dauber to sponge some Versamark over a section of the mask and then I heat embossed the pattern in White Stampin' Emboss powder. I love how the heat embossing created a smooth and shiny result, I'll definitely be using that technique again. 

Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my post. Make sure you pop over to the Global Design Project to see the designers take on this creative sketch

 - Tan xx

3 comments:

  1. Such a stunning card Tanya! The purples and blues are just stunning and I'm loving that cardstock fringe. Might have to try that out on my next creation! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete