Monday 9 July 2018

Baby Congratulations for GDP #145


I'm sure I've said this before, I absolutely love playing with new Stampin' Up! colours at this time of year and with the fabulous gift of a Colour Revamp this year I have so many new colours to create with. The tricky thing with new colours is working out what colour combos work and often I find a colour challenge is a great way to kick start the process. Today I turned to this weeks Global Design Project colour challenge (GDP#145) for inspiration. 


And here is the card I created using Grapefruit Grove, Fresh Fig and Mint Macaron.


For some reason I immediately thought "Baby Card" when I saw these colours. How cute are these little pins from the Better Together stamp set? And did you notice any similarity between the pins and the Global Design Project colour combo picture? The order that the team at GDP put the colours in was so appealing that I had to replicate it in placing the pins on my card. 

This card isn't as busy as my usually work, instead is a perfect example of the theory of "less is more". Using the new Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder is a perfect way to add interest to a card without adding too much detail and my new favourite ribbon, Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon in Whisper White provides an extra element of softness.

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my post and are inspired to have a play with the new Stampin' Up! colours yourself. Make sure you pop over to the Global Design Project to see what the designers have created using this beautiful combo 

 - Tan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment