Tuesday 9 July 2019

Sailing Home | The Crafty Carrot Collective


Hello everyone and welcome back. Today is a bit exciting for me, as I am hopping as a Guest Designer with the super talented team of ladies from the Crafty Carrot Collective.


"What is the Crafty Carrot Collective?" I hear you ask. Well, its an online subscription tutorial program put together by four of my amazing Artisan friends, Cindy Schuster, Krista Frattin, Jennifer Frost and Susan Wong. Each month the Crafty Carrot team put together a set of online interactive tutorials centred around one Stampin' Up! stamp set or a few focus products and for the month of August I have the honour of joining them as a Guest Designer!!!!! As a devoted Crafty Carrot follower words cannot describe how thrilled I am to have this opportunity.



Okay, moving on from my fan girl moment. The focus products for the month of August is the Sailing Home Stamp Set and Smooth Sailing Dies. As a little "teaser" for what is in store for the August program the Crafty Carrot gals and I have created projects to share in this blog hop, however I should note that these are NOT the projects that are featured in the tutorials, to see those projects you'll need to join the program, but more about that later.




I am loving the the nautical imagery in the these products and the blues and green featured in the coordinating Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper.


With this particular project I wanted a patterned background but it needed to be subtle so I opted for stamping the anchor image in Old Olive onto Mossy Meadow cardstock and then added some texture with the Subtle Embossing Folder.


Another awesome product in this suite are the Come Sail Away Memories and More Cards, and with this particular card pack I am really getting so much more use out them than pocket page memory keeping cards. You may notice a touch of texture has been added to the circle of Sahara Sand cardstock in the background. To achieve this I have used one of the laser-cut speciality cards and my die-cutting and embossing machine to dry emboss the a seaweed pattern on the cardstock, and for a little extra touch I have added a few pieces of the laser-cut seaweed.


Thank you for joining me today, I hope I have inspired you. As I mentioned earlier, the project that I will be sharing in the tutorial program is different to the card I have shared today. To get access to the exclusive tutorial projects you will need to join the Crafty Carrot Collective August program and as an added bonus for the month of August you can join the program for FREE!!! How awesome is that? Click on the "Join Now" button below to access the program.


 Finally I want to thank the Crafty Carrot Collective for asking me to join them during their August program. It truly is an honour to be in the company of these creative geniuses. Be sure to follow on the hop to see all of their amazing projects. Next up in the hop is Cindy Schuster. I have no doubt that she will wow you with her creation


Happy Stamping
- Tan xx


2 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. Love the way you featured the green and added that gorgeous subtle background detail. Your layering of stamped imagery is just perfect and I adore the sailors knot you've added. I'm so excited that you'll be our guest star this month! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for our Crafty Carrot community friends x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love how you stamped the anchors on the background before you embossed it! Also like how you used the vellum in your card!

    ReplyDelete