Monday 16 August 2021

CASE the Mini Catalogue | Let's Get Hopping #45


Hello everyone and welcome to another Let's Get Hopping blog hop. It's hard to believe that it's already been a month since our last hop. This month the team are CASEing the July - December Mini Catalogue and with so many a-maz-ing projects in this catalogue I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone has created for this hop. For those of you who are not familiar with the term CASEing (or CASE which stands for Copy And Selectively Edit) and it means to take inspiration from a project, be that the layout, colour combo, or the way a technique is used, to create your own project. Often when I'm feeling creatively blocked I will pull out an old Stampin' Up! catalogue and pick a sample project to CASE to get the creative juices flowing. 


Given that a large portion of the products in this Mini are Christmas themed I felt compelled to create a Christmas card but I chose to use the Tidings of Christmas suite of products from the Annual Catalogue as I've been hanging out to have a play with them. Below is the card I chose to CASE from page 13 of the Mini and as it was the layout of the card that really appealed to me, it became the basis for my card. 


Instead of snowflakes I've used the stars from the Christmas Trimmings Dies and the I've opted for a richer colour combo inspired from the Tidings of Christmas DSP that I've used in place of Pearlescent Speciality Paper panels. I've also added an embossed panel of Soft Succulent to add a little more texture.

Next up in the hop is Megan Teare from New Zealand, I'm certain that she has something fabulous to share with us. 


 

6 comments:

  1. Love the card! Just beautiful! Great CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Tanya! That is my fave sheet of DSP from Tidings of Christmas. The colors called my name! 😊 Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your CASE is great, I love the stars and DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 'pop' of white stars Tan. Beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tanya, I Love your choice of colours for your CASE. Absolutely fabulous attractive alternative to the traditional colours. Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layout! Love the colours too :)

    ReplyDelete