Monday 18 May 2020

My Happy Colour | Let's Get Hopping #31



Good morning to you all and welcome to another Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop. This month's theme is "My Happy Colour" and the challenge is to create a project that shows off your favourite colour, whether it be your favourite Stampin' Up! colour or your favourite colour in general. For me this meant making a choice, my favourite colour is pink, particularly a bright pink but my favourite Stampin' Up! colour to use is Pool Party. After a little deliberation, I decided since I don't often create with my favourite colour, I'd to go with pink, more specifically Melon Mambo.  



For those of you that follow me on social media you maybe aware that I have been focusing on using the stamp sets in my collection that are retiring soon and the sentiment on this card in from one of the sets I will miss the most, Seriously The Best. I absolutely adore the bold script sentiments in this set and while I don't usually hold on to many of my retired sets I just might hold on to this one a little longer.




Rather than making a completely pink card I decided to go with some magnolia buds water-coloured in Melon Mambo to highlight my chosen colour. I love the effect you get when water-colouring with bold colours like Melon Mambo. Don't you love how they "pop" on the Smokey Slate background?




As an extra touch to make the magnolia buds stand out a bit more I added a touch of Wink of Stella which gave them a beautiful shimmer.

Next up in the hop is my beautiful friend, Nina McMillan. I'm sure she has something gorgeous to share with us all.


Now I'm sure you are all aware that the new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue is on its way and this year I am joining forces with the incredibly talented Mikaela Titheridge to bring you an Online Catalogue. Starting in the afternoon on Saturday 30th May and continuing through the night and into the morning on Sunday 31st May. To ask for more details or to book a spot click on the Contact Me link at the top of this page.


Thank you for joining me today. 

Crafty Hugs

- Tan xx

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card!!! Love those gorgeous watercolored flowers. Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the flowers stand out against the Smoky Slate background! Beautiful way to highlight your happy colour 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Tan! The Smoky Slate definitely makes them "pop!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sweet card Tanya, using the Tin Tile embossing folder on the Smokey Slate back is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete