Friday 16 August 2019

Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop - Shimmer Detailed Laser-cut Speciality Paper


Hello everyone. It's that time again, another blog hop with the Artisan Design Team. This month we are highlighting this gorgeous Shimmer Detailed Laser-cut Speciality Paper.


Isn't the detail in this paper absolutely stunning? What you can't see in this picture though, is the beautiful shimmer finish. One side of the 12 x 12 sheets is Vanilla with a touch of shimmer and the reverse is white so the images will coordinate with any project. 

While the floral pattern page is so pretty, I chose to focus on the page that features a range of different decorative patterns. 


This intersecting circles pattern reminds me of a stained glass window so I chose to replicate a stained glass window effect for the base of my first card. 


To achieve this effect first I layered the laser-cut paper over some Whisper White cardstock and temporarily secured it using some washi tape. Then using the pattern as a guide I coloured in the pattern using Stampin' Write Markers in Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Poppy Parade and Mango Melody. Once all coloured I removed the laser-cut paper and coated the Whisper White panel with Versamark and heat embossed it with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. I then sponged the laser-cut paper with Memento Black ink and heat embossed it with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder before securing over the Whsiper White Panel. Here is a close up of the card which shows the stained glass window effect a bit better.


As the background panel is so detailed I wanted to keep the rest of the card fairly simple with some layered Stitched Nested Labels and a sentiment from the Rare Blessings Stamp Set


For my second card I chose to emboss the laser-cut panel with Black Stampin' Emboss Powder and I carried across the same colour combo of Highland Heather, Poppy Parade and Mango Melody with some flowers from the Inspiring Iris Stamp Set. 


Lastly I've created a gift box using a Mini Pizza Box as a base. Continuing with the window theme I die cut a square from the top of the Pizza Box and layered some Vellum cardstock underneath the laser-cut paper that has been sponged with Memento Black and heat embossed with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. Once again I've stamped, coloured and fussy cut some flowers from Inspiring Iris and added a sentiment from Rare Blessings. 

Well that is it from me today, thank you for joining me. Make sure you follow along the hop and see what the other girls have created with the Shimmer Detailed Laser-cut Speciality Paper. Next up is my friend Angela Meiritz-Reid from New Zealand. I simple adore what she's created.


Until next time 
- Tan xx

Supplies used
Stamps: Inspiring Iris, Rare Blessings
Card: Whisper White, Highland Heather, Saraha Sand, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White, Vellum, Shimmer Detailed Laser-cut Speciality Paper 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, HIghland Heather, Mango Melody, Poppy Parade. Pear Pizzazz, Versamark
Accessories & Tools: Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Highland Heather Stampin' Write Marker, Mango Melody 
Stampin' Write Marker, Gorgeous Grape Stampin' Write Marker, Poppy Parade Stampin' Write Marker, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, White Stampin Emboss Powder, Black Stampin Emboss Powder, Silver Metallic Thread, Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Purple Posy Scalloped Linen Ribbon, Mini Library Clips 



10 comments:

  1. I love that stained glass effect that you have created here Tanya ... a fabulous backdrop to your work. Beautiful pieces xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the close up of your stained glass effect - such a clever effect! All your makes are just fabulous xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous projects Tanya and such a fabulous idea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are ultra-special! I think all the work you put into these cards really paid off. I would never have thought to color/emboss these patterns with black/black embossing powder! They are just striking!

    ReplyDelete

  5. These creations make me think of stained glass cathedral, it's beautiful Tanya! xx

    ReplyDelete