Monday 19 August 2019

Use Up That DSP | Let's Get Hopping #23


Hello everyone and welcome to another Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop. Okay, now before I get to today's projects it's confession time. Hands up if you have a stash of Retired Designer Series Paper gathering dust you your craft room? Me!! Every year I just can't wait to play with the new Designer Series Paper each time a new catalogue comes out and when it arrives the paper stash I already have gets neglected until eventually it gets moved to the overflowing kids craft cupboard. Sound familiar?? Well after today's Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop this will be a thing of the past as this month we have been challenged to use retired Designer Series Paper with current stamps and tools. Here's what I've come up with. 


As I indicated earlier I have huge stash of retired DSP so I wanted to make the most of the challenge decided to create a bunch of cards. I also wanted to create a supply of cards that I could go to when one of my children get invited to a birthday party so I needed to create something that would work for  both boys and girls as well as a variety of ages. Given the cards were for a birthday, the DSP I chose to use was the Brights 6" x 6" DSP stack from the 2018/2019 Annual Catalogue and I decided to team it with the Broadway Birthday stamp set and coordinating Broadway Lights dies.


To add a little extra background detail I randomly stamped the diamond stamp is Versamark over the DSP panel and then heat embossed them with Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder and I complimented the metallic detail with a couple of candle embellishments. 



Finally I added some clear Wink of Stella to the die cut 'Wish' to add a little extra sparkle. It's a bit tricky to see here in this picture but the shimmery sparkle of Wick of Stella is the perfect finishing touch.

So, what if you don't already have this retired DSP in your stash? Well the beauty of this particular design you could substitute this striped pattern with almost any fun patterned DSP including this new Brights 6" x 6" DSP stack available in the current Stampin' Up! Catalogue.


Next up in the hop is the amazing Nina McMillan. I can't wait to see what she has created to inspire us to use our retired DSP. Make sure you follow the hop all the way around to see everyone's amazing projects.


Thank you for joining me today.

- Tan xx

6 comments:

  1. Great idea for using up a stack Tanya, I love how you have used the same layout for all your cards, creating a variety of cards that work for everyone. Its always great to have a stack of cards on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! They're such fun cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful idea to create the same layout in different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for all those retired white and tone patterns! Super fun seeing the layout in several different variations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards! Great showcase of the paper and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great cards, I love them!

    ReplyDelete