Saturday 5 October 2019

Brightly Gleaming Christmas Packaging | Stampin' Up! Corporate Blog Post





I cannot believe we are already in October! Where has the year gone? Today my last Corporate blog post as a 2019 Artisan Design Team member has gone live on the Stampin' Up! Corporate Facebook page and I thought I'd also share the post with you here. 

Hi there. My name is Tanya Rees and I am a 2019 Artisan Design Team member from Bendigo, Australia. Today I am sharing with you my favourite type of projects to create using Stampin’ Up!® products, Christmas gift packaging. We are so lucky that Stampin’ Up! offers a range of packaging products and I have used a few of them along with items from the Brightly Gleaming Suite in the 2019 Holiday Catalogue and some sweets and home-baked treats to create some gifts for a few special people


With each of these projects I have chosen to feature images from the Christmas Gleaming Stamp set (item 150464) and the gorgeous colour combo of Night of Navy, Old Olive, Pretty Peacock, Very Vanilla and Copper from the Brightly Gleaming Speciality Designer Series Paper (item 150429) 


The first project I created was this decorated Copper Tea Tin (item 147034). These tins are perfect for gifting all sorts of goodies like fudge, shortbread or nuts and once the recipient has eaten their treat they still have a beautiful tin that they can reuse for countless purposes. To dress the tin up I started by wrapping a belly band of Brightly Gleaming Speciality DSP around the tin and then added a length and bow of 3/8” Reversible Ribbon in Old Olive/Pretty Peacock (item 149496). I then adhered a Very Vanilla cardstock (item 106550) circle cut with the Stitched Shapes dies (item 145372) and a scalloped Copper Foil (item 142020) circle die cut with the Layering Circles Dies (item 141705) over the ribbon and then layered some ornaments over the top, one stamped in Old Olive (item 147090) and the other embossed with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder (item 109132) on Pretty Peacock cardstock (item 150886). Both of these ornaments were punched out with the larger punch from the coordinating Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack (item 150647). Finally I added a sentiment from the Toile Christmas Stamp Set (item 150469) embossed in Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder (item 141636) and die cut with the coordinating Christmas Cardinal Dies (item 150640)


My second project is this Baker’s Box (item 147899) filled with some home-baked yoyo biscuits. Sticking with my colour scheme I chose to sponge the box with Night of Navy ink (item 147110) and then added some Copper embossed holly berries and leaves. Once I had filled the box I tied some 1/2” Classic Weave Ribbon around it and added some more stamped ornaments and a copper foil ornament from the Brightly Gleaming Foil Elements (item 150431) all tied to the bow with the Mossy Meadow Linen Thread from the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack (item 149485)


Next I chose to embellish an Acetate Card Box (item 145486) beginning with wrapping a belly band of Brightly Gleaming Speciality Designer Series Paper and 1/2” Classic Weave Ribbon around the box and then layered some Copper Trim (item 144179) under a rosette created with a different patterned DSP. To create the fussy cut holly berries and leaves I used the marker to stamp technique with Stampin’ Write Markers in Old Olive (item 147155) and Pretty Peacock (item 150079) to stamp a multi-colour image on a piece of Shimmery  White Cardstock (item 121717) then add some extra colour by using a Blender Pen (item 102845) to draw ink from the stamped lines. Finally I added some more ornaments and the sentiment stamped in Pretty Peacock (item 150083)


This fourth gift package is made up of 3 Clear Tiny Treat Boxes and a box constructed with a piece of Brightly Gleaming DSP. I used the Stitched Rectangle dies to cut the window out of the front and side panels of the box and I then embellished the box with a Vellum cardstock (item 106584) wreath die cut with the All Around Wreaths Dies (item 150641), some 3/8” Reversible Ribbon and some mini ornaments fussy cut from the DSP and a sentiment banner from Toile Christmas. 


The last project I created was this Chocolate Block slider box. The base of the wrapper was created with Pretty Peacock Cardstock and a panel of Brightly Gleaming DSP layer on the front of the box. Using the new Delicata Celestial Copper Ink (item 150707) I added a little extra detail to the DSP with the scroll image stamp from the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set. I then added another patterned panel of DSP and some Night of Navy cardstock (item 106577) embossed with the Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder and I embellished it further with a copper foil star from the Brightly Gleaming Foil Elements, some holly berries and leaves and some Copper Trim underneath the sentiment. Finally I used some 1/2” Classic Weave Ribbon to create the slider component and then secure the ribbon at the top of the box with some Linen Thread (item 104199) and some Jingle Bells
(item 149598) coloured with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder.

Thank you for joining me today. I hope you have enjoyed these projects and that they have inspired you to create your own Christmas gift packaging for this coming festive season.

- Tan xx

1 comment: