Saturday 2 November 2019

Stampin Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop - Christmastime Is Here



Christmas Is Coming Early This Year!
We hope you’re ready to make this holiday season magical, because the Christmastime Is Here Suite is, well . . . here! This exclusive, limited-time collection of festive, floral coordinating products has everything you need to share love, joy, and creativity this holiday season. The 2019 Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team have been busy creating even more samples with this stunning suite and can't wait to share them with you in another blog hop. 

Before I share my projects I wanted to remind you of the samples that I shared in the first blog hop.



As you can see my first collection of projects featured the rich Christmassy colours of Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green and Gold that feature in the Christmastime is Here Speciality Designer Series Paper. However, when I sat down again to play with the gorgeous Christmas Rose I thought I'd have a go at something a bit different.



What do you think? This rose image is so versatile. Right? I'm not sure about you but at this time of year I'm so engrossed in Christmas crafting with my new holiday goodies, that my poor friends and family who have birthdays in November and December usually end up receiving a card from my "stash" rather than one that I have created with them exclusively in mind. But this set changes all of that.



My starting point for both of these projects was watercolouring the rose image and I just had to go with Melon Mambo for the flowers. I really love the combo of Night of Navy with Melon Mambo and the addition of Gold in the heat embossed sentiment from the Band Together Stamp Set meant I could also make use out of the stunning Gold Glimmer ribbon and Gold Glitter Enamel Dots from the suite.




Sticking with the blue tones I decided to go with Balmy Blue for my second card and kept the layout fairly simple to allow the rose image to shine. Do you recognise the DSP on this card? Inspired by my amazingly talented friend Susan Wong, I've started trying to give my designer series papers a new look by taking them outside of the original colour palette and this Balmy Blue stripe from the Come Sail Away DSP works perfectly with the bright pink rose.




The Christmastime is Here suite is available to customers from 1 November and will only be available while supplies last so if myself or my fellow Artisans have piqued your interest with these alternative designs I strongly suggest you contact your local demonstrator asap so you don't miss out.

Next up in the hop is my beautiful friend Angela Meiritz-Reid from Christchurch, New Zealand. Be sure to select the "Next" button below to see what Angela and the rest of my Artisan friends have created.


Supplies used
Stamps: Christmastime is Here, Band Together
Card: Night of  Navy, Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake, Shimmery White, Come Sail Away DSP
Ink: Stāzon Jet Black, Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Versamark,
Accessories & Tools: Roses Dies, Stitched Nesting Label Dies, White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, Gold Glitter Enamel Dots, Gold ¼” Glimmer Ribbon, Linen Thread

2 comments:

  1. Love these with the Balmy Blue and Night of Navy, they look stunning xx

    ReplyDelete