Sunday 9 February 2020

Breathtaking Bouquet Meets The Annual Catalogue | Stamping Sunday Blog Hop



Hello everyone and welcome back to another Stamping Sunday blog hop. This months hop is a little different as we have all chosen a stamp set from the January - June Stampin' Up! Mini Catalogue and are using it with products from the 2019-2020 Annual Catalogue. Sounds simple enough but given that I have just received my order of new goodies from the Mini Catalogue it was really tough to choose just one stamp set!! I got there in the end and actually enjoyed reconnecting with my supply of Annual Catalogue products.



So in case you hadn't already guessed the stamp set I chose was the Breathtaking Bouquet Stamp. This gorgeous floral stamp has so many uses. You can make a feature of the image by colouring with blends or water colouring, the flowers can be fussy cut out to create your own beautiful bouquet, or the image also makes a stunning background for a project.

I chose to use the image to create a background but instead of stamping on plain cardstock or colouring the images I stamped and embossed the image on a piece of Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper which added extra texture and a variation of colour to the background. 




Because there was already a lot of subtle detail in the background I didn't want the focal point of the card to be too busy so I fussy cut some birds from the Bird Ballad DSP and mounted them over a Sahara Sand and Vellum Stitched Nested Label Die cut and some White Flax Ribbon. Layering Vellum over Sahara Sand cardstock is my favourite way of softening the neutral coloured cardstock.  The sentiment comes from the Free as a Bird stamp set and the card was finished off with some Linen Thread and Pearl Basic Jewels. 




This particular card is a special thank you card for someone and I wanted to give them a little thank you gift as well so I decided to make a coordinating gift box using a Mini Pizza Box. For the gift box I stuck to the same layout and products, just using a different bird image and sentiment and the White Flax Ribbon wraps all the way around the box and secures at the side of the box with a bow.

That's all for from me today. I can't wait to see what stamp set the rest of the design team chose to feature. To follow along the hop click the links below

Crafty hugs, Tan xxx

Stamping Sunday Blog Roll

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects Tanya! I love seeing the Bird Ballad DSP images over this Breathtaking background! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant and absolutely gorgeous!!! I adore both these projects. Stamping that background on the colored vellum is brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and box have you made Tanya ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty way to use the Breathtaking Bouquet stamp! It makes such a delicate background for your lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my ... this combination is breathtaking quite literally. So delicate and elegant and crazy pretty. I love these projects xx

    ReplyDelete