Sunday 12 April 2020

Celebrate | Stamping Sunday Blog Hop


Hello and Happy Easter everyone. Today's Stamping Sunday Blog Hop is Celebrating with the Stampin' Up! Mini Catalogue and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to play with the Seriously The Best Project kit and coordinating stamp set.




My projects for today are divided into these three categories:
  • Beginner/Simple stamping: quick, easy projects needing limited supplies; clean and simple cards;
  • Casual stamping: takes a little more time, uses some tools, more embellishments;
  • Avid stamping: more time, techniques and tools
At first glance the project kits from Stampin' Up! are perfect for the Beginner stamper. The cards have already been designed for you, most of the elements have been die cut and the kit comes with instructions of how to assemble the card. However this does not mean that they are not suitable for Casual and Avid crafters and today's projects are an example of this.

The first project I am sharing is one for the Beginner. I've created this card directly from the kit instructions and the sentiment suits today's "Celebrate" theme perfectly. Whether you are congratulating someone for a new job, graduation, engagement or just for a job well done, they are all reasons to celebrate. 



The second card I have created is aimed at a Casual crafter level. When creating this project I've  stuck to the same overall layout but I have changed the colours by cutting a card front panel and another card base and have added a banner is plain Vellum . I've also changed the sentiment and have heat embossed it in gold on a circle die cut. "Hello Friend" is not usually a sentiment you would associate with the "Celebrate" theme but during this bizarre time we are all experiencing friendships are definitely something to celebrate.




Lastly, my third card has been created with the Avid crafter in mind. I've gone back to the original Balmy Blue colour base and have included the same elements of the Beginners card but I have stepped it up with some vellum fussy cut gold embossed leaves, some masked stamping and I've added a die cut bird and the word "Friend" from the Family Party stamp set.




That is all from me today. To see what the rest of the team have created be sure to click on the links below

Crafty hugs, Tan xxx


Stamping Sunday Blog Roll

4 comments:

  1. So glad to see this kit! Every level of crafter will love these possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Tanya. Wow, I did a double take when I saw the bird. I hadn't really noticed this kit, but boy, your projects have made me sit up and take notice!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Tanya!!! Your avid card with the bird and detail leaves is just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards. I have this kit to assemble and really need to. You've inspired me to pull it forwards xx

    ReplyDelete