Wednesday 29 April 2020

All Shapes & Sizes | Be Inspired Blog Hop



Hello everyone. Welcome to another blog hop with the Be Inspired Design Team. This month we are sharing cards of all different shapes and sizes.




When creating cards I usually find myself creating a standard sized card, which here in Australia is created from half an A4. But for today's challenge I chose to go with something tall and skinny (or long and skinny for my second card)




When creating my first card I was inspired by the current sketch challenge from the Global Design Project, however since my card was taller than a standard card I chose to had more stripes to the background and create a pretty rainbow effect.


Once I'd finished my first card I still had leftover strips of cardstock so I figured I'd make another card, similar yet different. I stuck to the same spectrum of colours and the same sentiment and flowers from the Birthday Jubilee Stamp Set as the first card, however this time I used the border die from the Jubilee Beauty Dies to create a lattice/lace look background. I have to admit this particular background was a tad fiddly to create but the end result was so worth it, don't you think?




That's all I have to share with you today but the rest of the team are sure to have more inspiration for cards of all shapes and sizes. To check them out start with Janneke Dijkstra de Jong by click on the next button below and follow along until you arrive back here at my blog. If you get lost along the way there is a list of all the blog hop participants at the end of this post.

Take care and stay crafty
- Tan xx




Be Inspired Design Team Blog Roll

Tanya Rees (You are here)

6 comments:

  1. These cards are GORGEOUS, Tanya! What an amazing mix of colors and tiny strips. You've wowed me with all those die cuts - such great care went into these cards. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tan, this rainbow colors on your card are just fabulous - such a fun looking at them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colors a beautiful, Tanya. Could you share what colors you used?
    Thank you in advance,
    Loralee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful, Tanya! Love the rainbows and the die cutting is to die for! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing Tanya ;O)

    ReplyDelete