Sunday 12 July 2020

Peony Garden | Stamping Sunday


Hello and welcome. Well it's been a while since I've joined the Stamping Sunday crew for a blog hop but I'm glad to be back sharing with everyone today. I'm particularly excited to be sharing projects featuring products from the Peony Garden Suite from the Stampin' Up! 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue. 


Today I'm sharing three cards created the same set of supplies but each with either a beginner, casual or avid crafter in mind. I absolutely adore the soft tones of grey and Petal Pink in this suite however for these projects I wanted to try a slightly bolder colour scheme.


When creating this first card I have coloured the Basic Grey and Whisper White pattern from the Peony Garden Designer Series Paper with blends in Rococo Rose, Old Olive, So Saffron and Pool Party. Then I've layered a piece of Whisper White with a Basic Gray matt and stamped the sentiment from the Prized Peony stamps set in Basic Gray. Finally to finish it off I've added a few Elegant Faceted Gems.
  

For this second card I have created the same background by colouring the DSP with blends, however keeping the casual crafter in mind I've added a centre panel with a peony image stamped in Pool Party, some linen thread, a heat embossed sentiment and a trimmed section of a Vellum Sqaure Doily.


Finally, I stepped up my last card to a more avid crafter level by including a die cut panel and peony, some subtle background stamping and a fussy cut sentiment. As I wanted the peony in the centre to be the focal point, I only coloured the background portion of the DSP in Pool Party and left the flowers and leaves in their original colours of Whisper White and Basic Grey. Isn't it amazing how you can get two completely different looks from the same piece a DSP?

Thank you for joining me today. Make sure you check out what the rest of my Stamping Sunday friends have created with this beautiful suite by clicking the links below.

- Tan xx


10 comments:

  1. Your cards are so pretty ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've turned the gorgeous muted designer paper into gorgeous vibrant designer paper! Each level of crafter will love the details you've added.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards and a beautiful colour palette xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Tanya!!! Love your bright colors and the beautiful backgrounds you created. Brilliant ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three cards are beautiful Tanya! Thank you for inspiring me to look at the Peony Designer Series Paper with fresh eyes. xxx

    ReplyDelete