Friday 3 July 2020

Let's Celebrate You | #TGIFC 271 Colour Challenge



Hello everyone and welcome.
Today I am so very excited to be participating in my very first colour challenge as a designer for the TGIF Challenges Design Team. I am so completely honoured to be asked to be part of this team of incredibly talented designers. So here I go, jumping in head first into a Colour Challenge.




Now if I'm completely honest, I find colour challenges the hardest and on this occasion it took me a while to find my mojo with this combo, but I have to admit I'm really happy the end result. What do you think?




Granny Apple Green, Flirty Flamingo and Mango Melody are such bright, fun colours and really pack a punch on any project however they can also be really pretty softened with a little water colouring. To create this background I started with a piece of Shimmery White cardstock that I lightly swept over with a clean water painter before gently applying the ink, lightly at first and then building up the colour to achieve the desired effect. Then to add an element of interest to the background I added some water splatters which, once dry leaves this splochy look.




Subtle is not usually the first word that comes to mind when you think of a sunflower but the fine detailed lines of the this gorgeous flower from the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set gives a soft subtle effect to the background when heat embossed in white. I finished off the card with some simple white die cuts, a heat embossed sentiment, some gold thread and a scatter of sequins.

Thank you for joining me today. Make sure you head over to the TGIF Challenges page to see what the other designers have created with this fun combo and if you feel inspired to play along with the challenge we'd love to see what you create. 

-Tan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment