Friday 31 July 2020

Sunflowers | #TGIFC 275 Inspiration Challenge



Yay!! It's Friday, and time for another TGIF Challenge and this week is an Inspiration Challenge.



So I'm sure it's no surprise that I inked up my Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set again for this challenge. Why not, since it's my focus set for July. However instead of going with a green plaid pattern for the background I chose to go with some Mossy Meadow watercolour stripes and a bolder pop of yellow for the sentiment.



Since I've been playing with this big sunflower a bit lately I thought I'd try something a little different to add colour to the flower. A couple of months ago I was watching a tutorial by the fabulously talented Jennifer Frost, where she used a dot colouring technique to colour some poppies and I thought is would be a fun technique to use here. Using the pen tip of my Stampin' Blends pen I added lots of little dots of colour, layering darker colours over the top of the lighter tones in places where I'd normally blend a darker shade. 



Thank you for joining me today. Make sure you head over to the TGIF Challenge page to see how the other designers have been inspired by this challenge and if you feel inspired to play along with the challenge we'd love to see what you create.

No comments:

Post a Comment