Monday 21 September 2020

Happy 3rd Birthday to Us | Let's Get Hopping #35

Hello and welcome everyone to an extra special Let's Get Hopping blog hop. Today's hop just happens to be going live on the same date that our very first Let's Get Hopping blog hop was published three years. Wow, I cannot believe that its been three years already!! 
If you have been already been hopping along you would have come from the blog of my amazing friend and our Let's Get Hopping founder, Jennifer Frost. Jenn started this blog hop for a group of us that had just started blogging and for most of us it was the first hop we had participated in. I'm so grateful of Jenn creating this opportunity for me as it opened up so many more opportunities for me to grow as a papercrafter and a blogger.

Moving on to today's projects, the challenge this month was to take one of the themes we have worked with in the past three and I chose the CASE Yourself theme from March of last year.  

Here is the card I chose to CASE. I created this card earlier this year and at the time I knew it would be a card that I would one day CASE.

And here is my CASE. For this card there were a few things I chose to CASE from the original project and a couple of elements I have included in both cards. I really loved this sentiment from the So Sentimental stamp set and I loved how the die cut vellum panel added some softness and subtle detail to the card.



Instead of adding a water coloured flower, I chose to go with a 3D Peony flower created with the Peony Dies and rather than a tone on tone stamped background I went with this patterned DSP from the Peony Garden DSP pack. 

Thanks for joining me today. Next up in the hop is my Kiwi friend Alicia Yap. I'm excited to see what theme she has chosen for this month



 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards both! I can't believe it's been three years. So proud of all you've achieved. Keep up the amazing work you do inspiring and guiding this lovely group xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jenn. I'm so grateful for you starting this hop. It's an honour to continue leading it.

      Delete
  2. Both cards are gorgeous! Thanks for letting me join the group last year & I have loved getting to know you & the rest of the team. I absolutely love the inspiration I get from the group & you especially for being a great team leader xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia. We are so glad to have you as part of the team

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful CASE, both are so sweet, love the Peony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both! Thanks for all your hard work keeping us going, love our monthly hops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina and thanks for your support.

      Delete