Saturday 29 May 2021

Stampin' Blends - Designer Takeover | TGIF Challenges #318



Hello and welcome back to another TGIF Challenge. I'm posting this a little late as my Friday was crazy and the feeling in this house is very much TGIS (Thank God It's Saturday)! Anyway, I still managed to get a spot of crafting in last night and this particular challenge was exactly what I needed after a manic few days. The week is a Designer Takeover and the lovely Bree Renwick, aka the Craftsomnia Momma, has set a Stampin' Blends challenge. 


Stampin Blends are my absolute favourite colouring tool and they are perfect for adding colour to a project. It's been a while since my Beautiful Moments stamp set has been off the shelf so I decided to ink it up for this card.


I decided to keep it simple with this card and team the coloured image with some woodgrain paper from the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper pack and a touch of Soft Succulent gingham from the Pansy Petals DSP to tie in with the blades of grass. 


A tip for when colouring images, you can add the illusion of depth to your project by outlining the image with the bullet tip of a light Pool Party blend. 
As I chose to go with a black card base, a white insert was required so I decided to add a little extra detail. I don't often think to decorate the inside of my cards but it really adds a touch of something special to a card so I just might start doing it more often.


Well that's all from me today. Make sure you pop over to the TGIF Challenges blog to see what the rest of the design team have created and make sure you share your own projects if you've been inspired by this challenge. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment