Thursday 8 November 2018

Festive Farmhouse Wreath | Let's Get Hopping #15


Hello and welcome to another Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop. This months theme is Chrismas, anything except a card. 

While cardmaking tends to take up most if my crafting time at this time of the year I always make sure I set aside some time to create a Christmas decor item and this years project is a wreath. 


Using an embroidery hoop as the base for my wreath was inspired by a project created by Val Moody last year and the Festive Farmhouse DSP goes perfectly with the natural wood of the hoop.

To create the centre panel of the rosette I embossed a circle of silver foil with the Tin Tile Dynamic Textured Impression Embossing Folder and then I sponged it with Craft White Ink. Once the white ink had completely dried (I left mine overnight) I used a cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol to remove some of the white ink leaving a distressed/aged look. 
Here's a close up of the Tin Tile panel.


Next up is the uber-talented Jennifer Frost. I can't wait to see what amazing project she is sharing today

 - Tan xx

Supplies used
Stamps: Merry Christmas to All.
Card: Basic Black,
Paper: Festive Farmhouse, Silver Foil
Ink: Craft Whisper White, Versamark
Accessories & Tools: White Stamp Emboss powder, Tin Tile Dynamic Textured Impression Embossing Folder, Linen thread, Striped Burlap Trim, Festive Farmhouse Elements, Embroidery hoop, Rubbing alcohol
Adhesives: SNAIL or double-sided tape, Fine Tip Glue Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Hot glue.

2 comments:

  1. That's an interesting project. Despite the shape I wouldn't put embroidery holder and a wreath together. It's a fabulous idea. The tile emboss folder is so good, isn't it. I love all the projects I saw with it.

    ReplyDelete