Tuesday 9 June 2020

Forever Fern

Hello and welcome back. Yes I know, I'm back again, 3 times in the one week! But I've had some many new projects I just couldn't wait to share with you all and since the Just Add Ink challenge for this week is to "Just Add F" I figured it was a perfect time to share a Forever Fern project

As I have previously mentioned I had the pleasure of co-hosting an Online Catalogue Launch with the lovely Mikaela Titheridge and another of my Facebook live tutorials featured the Forever Greenery suite  




One of the things I love about this particular suite is the way the artists at Stampin' Up! have incorporated all the different shades of green in the Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper. Inspired by this, on this card I have stamped each of the leaves from the Forever Fern stamp set in three different greens, Shaded Spruce, Old Olive and Garden Green. Sticking with a crisp Whisper White base and Stitched Rectangle layer used that the green leaves and DSP were the focal point. 

As I was creating this card I started to think about a second project I could share that would compliment this first card and from that a "stepped-up" version of this card was born.



Sticking with the same elements of DSP, sentiment, and leaves stamped in the different shades of green, I've stepped this card up by adding a vellum window to the card front. Using one of the dies from the Forever Flourishing dies and some of the new Adhesive Sheets I've arranged some leaves over the vellum creating almost a lace effect. What do you think? While I love the scaled back version this particular card is just that little bit extra special.

Thank you for joining me again today. 

- Tan xx

2 comments:

  1. Ohh what a wonderful technique - the dies, vellum and adhesive. Thank you for sharing. Both lovely cards. Chantell Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this super versatile set. Both versions of your card are great, love the extra elements on the stepped up card. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete