Wednesday 25 September 2019

CASE the Catty | Be Inspired Blog Hop


Hello everyone. Welcome back to another Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop and to another CASE the Catty themed hop. I have to admit having a couple of CASE the Catty themed hops has made the task of designing projects just that little bit easier. This time, however, I chose to CASE a project from the Stampin' Up! 2019 Holiday Catalogue.


I'm predicting that this jolly Santa in the Holly Jolly Christmas stamps set is going to get a decent work out this festive season. He is so fun to colour and with the coordinating Jolly Season Dies there's no need for fussy cutting.

My inspiration for this card came from this project in the Bundle Index on page 3 of the 2019 Holiday Catalogue


As you can see I have used the same layout with a DSP panel at the base of the card, a Stitched Shapes circle and a banner for the sentiment. However this card created by the Stampin' Up! concept artists also uses my go-to Christmas Colour combo of Pool Party, Granny Apple Green and Poppy Parade so I really couldn't go for a different colour palette, although I did substitute the Poppy Parade with Real Red to tie in the Toile Tidings Designer Series Paper.

My first project came together so quickly I decided to create a few more cards using the same layout and colour combo


This second card features the stocking images the Holly Jolly Christmas. I love that all three stocking images are on the one stamp but can be die cut separately, such a time saver.


Lastly I pulled out my Christmas Gleaming stamp set and coordinating punches to create this third card. Kudos to the concept artist at Stampin' Up! head office who created the original catalogue sample that set in motion a wave of creativity.

That is all from me today. I hope I have inspired you to also CASE a project from the Catalogue, it really is a great way to get the creative juices flowing. Next up in the hop is Janneke Dijkstra de Jong, I'm sure you are going to love her CASE the catty project as well

- Tan


Be Inspired Design Team Blog Roll

Tanya Rees (You are here)

4 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful card, Tanya! I love that you CASE'd the same card as Stesha yet both had very different takes on the same layout. Love the snowy backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes Brian it really was a fun card to CASE with endless possibilities

      Delete
  2. You created three amazing cards for this CASE the Catty hop! I love that we grabbed the same card to CASE, such a classic layout! The colors of your card just pop!

    ReplyDelete